This is the fourth day in a row that I've had a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch, due in no small part to the lack of non-perishable food at home and the fact that I am the love child of George Washington Carver and Winnie the Pooh. My eyes are torn up from reading by candlelight for forty minutes last night (I just had to finish the book.) Since last Tuesday, one week, I have finished three books. I think I need to take a break – but, in full disclosure, I am starting the fourth after work. What else can I do with no electricity and… I just remembered, I am going to the Tigers game tonight. Sachin had an itchin’ to watch grown men hit the stitchin’ out of some leather balls, so off we are. I’m guessing about an hour drive. I hope they have electricity.
I had a slow morning at work today, but for the last three hours or so I have been rolling right steady. Two reasons: Tim Robbins is out for the day, so I got assigned one of his plants, and I have had several requests to provide backgrounds for my in-mates. The reason I didn’t get assigned Tim’s job straightaway is because Sal never bothered to check if he was here, and didn’t realize his mistake for four hours. Sometimes you get the feeling that Work Ethic spent, at the very least, his teenage years working for this company, but that he split a long time ago. As for the background requests, this refers to the picture on the desktop of every computer. I have been perfecting mine for the last month; adding to it pictures of Jeeps, eco-friendly concept cars, inspirational (haha) quotes, the Chrysler symbol, and, of course, baby seals. One of the in-mates asked for her own personalized version, and she is from the Ross School of Blindness, like me, so I threw in some photos from school and this:

2 comments:
Hey fella;
Does O. U. have voltage..."Watts"-a-matta-yu? Read outside, then go to bed. If you have very little to do, it must be similar for the regulars at some pt. during their day...look them up an ask when you can pick their brain on education/career path, or some other enlightening topic!
MBA sounds progressive (maybe in conjunction with work?!)...U of M Dearborn??
Sounds like you saw a good game tonight...should have let us know--we'd have watched with much more interest. (I might have heard you?). Good you're getting some variety. How was the trip? Parking? Ticket procurement, etc.?
Talk to you tomorrow. Love Dad.
baby seals, of course... does this mean they approved your request for the internet? i hope so. it's very generous of you to make backgrounds for all of the "others", just make sure you save the coolest one for me. okay? thanks!
MBA sounds like NBA, but better because it includes the first letter of one commonly mispronounced last name (...that was my first thought on the matter..). i would say that such a title would suit you well, and then maybe we could take ann arbor by storm together. one question though-- can ross handle two more years of wesley king? i guess we'll wait and see.
<48 hours!!!
Post a Comment