As a rule, I keep my enemies in front of me and always have my back to a wall. This eliminates surprise attacks and helps me on my path to becoming a forward-looking individual. This also leaves me susceptible to backstabbing.
I had, with the deliberate slowness and irrationality of a timid-by-nature individual, let Sal slip out of my field of vision toward the “friend” zone. Over the last few weeks, I had slipped into a pattern; bounce into work with my hair slicked back, work for a few hours, approach sleep in a square root formation (never quite reaching it – kiss my asymptote sleepiness!), and then treat the afternoon with less respect than Judas got from the pawn shop when he tried to trade in his thirty pieces of silver. Yesterday, Sal betrayed my trust. He loaded me down with busywork during the last hour of my day, when I was poised to perform a prank on a fellow intern. Now, the jolly folly must be delayed till next week.
Today is the Ride-n-Drive, the intern event of the summer. All us bacon bits must report at
No comments:
Post a Comment